The Town of Natick entered into a solar photovoltaic (PV) power purchase agreement (PPA) with Ameresco, where the Town will purchase electricity at a rate lower than the rate previously paid to its electric utility.
“Through the installation of these solar panels, and at no cost to the Town, Natick will realize significant savings in our energy budget while improving the environment through greenhouse gas emission reductions.”
– Martha White
Town Administrator, Town of Natick
Square Feet Facility Size
Million Energy Project Size
MW PV Capacity
kWh Annual Energy Generated
Ameresco has worked with the Town of Natick on endeavors that will result in significant utility cost savings and provide the Town with a reliable source of clean, renewable energy. The improvements also create opportunity for the community to learn about energy and its impact on the environment.
- Reduced annual energy costs
- Energy cost stability, 20-year discounted electricity rate
- Annually generate 241,090 kWh of electric power
- Saves the equivalent of 474 metric tons of CO2 per year
- Provided extensive teaching materials to be utilized in the classroom
Natick and Ameresco’s three phase plan involved installing roofmounted PV electricity production facilities across six buildings, which will then be owned, operated, and maintainted by Ameresco for the duration of the 20 year PPA.
- Designed and installed 1.08 MW of solar PV systems
- Commissioning, operation and maintenance of projects
- LCD TV displaying performance data and project information in each school lobby