In 2005, Ameresco and the city of Gallipolis, Ohio partnered to improve the city’s longstanding issues regarding energy conservation and efficiency by implementing energy efficient upgrades and revenue enhancement measures.
“Ameresco… demonstrated significant committment to our community. Ameresco showed considerable competence financially allowing us to… Meet our goals and implement a project that was affordable for our community.”
– C. Joseph Woodall
City Manager, City of Gallipolis
Water Meters Replaced
ESPC Energy Project Size
ESPC Annual Energy Savings
With Ameresco, Gallipolis was able to resolve issues involving Infiltration and Infusion, as well as the city’s aging infrastructure. This was accomplished with energy efficiency and revenue enhancements, implemented through a budget neutral plan.
- Replacement & repairation of leaking meter pipes
- Re-landscaping of effected areas
- Energy savings benefits extending to various public works facilities
- Financial engineering by Ameresco to help the city secure funding
Gallipolis and Ameresco partnered under an Energy Savings Performance Contract to design and implement a wastewater collection system program, wastewater treatment plan improvements, and a water meter replacement program. The project also included a comprehensive lighting program, swimming pool program, automation and control program, and a domestic water conservation program.
- Wastewater system engineering study
- 1.8 mile section of sewer line updated
- 3,200 residential and 191 industrial water meters replaced