The city of Henderson, NV needed to adjust their energy savings to fit their large and growing population size. Ameresco worked with the city to help Henderson reach its goals from 2006 to 2011.
“Implementing energy-saving programs that help preserve our community’s natural resources for future generations is a key component of our vision to be America’s Premier Community.”
– Andy Hafen
Mayor, City of Henderson
Million Square Feet
ESPC Energy Project Size
Million kWh Electrical Savings
Annual ESPC Energy Savings
Ameresco’s plan combined energy conservation and operational savings measures to maximize the city’s improvements.
- Emission reductions in pounds per year for all phases are 34,929,951 CO2
- GPS mapped locations of city streetlights and traffic signals
- Savings from streetlight retrofitting used towards funding project
- Reduced energy consumption
- Streetlight lamp life expectancy increased by nearly 4 times
- Annual energy cost savings
Henderson and Ameresco partnered under an Energy Savings Performance Contract which consisted of three project phases.
Phases 1 and 2 upgraded systems and technologies in different city facilities, and phase 3 improved lighting fixtures citywide.
- Replaced over 4,000 building light fixtures
- Installed over 1,500 lighting occupancy sensors
- Retrofitted up to 28,000 streetlights with induction lighting technology
- Retrofitted over 310 plumbing fixtures
- Installed two 30 KW solar PV arrays