The Community College of Rhode Island (CCRI) partnered with Ameresco to complete a series of infrastructure improvements to increase energy efficiency and save on annual costs.
“Through our partnership with Ameresco, we have improved our sustainability while also realizing significant cost savings that can be reinvested in infrastructure to further enhance student life.”
– Ray di Pasquale
President, Community College of Rhode Island
Million Square Feet
Million ESPC Energy Project Size
Metric Tons C02 Saved Annually
ESPC Annual Energy Savings
This budget neutral project maximized efficiency of the CCRI campuses, enabling CCRI to apply cost savings from energy efficient equipment to help renew campus facilities and building systems.
- Saves equivalent of 4,900 metric tons of CO2 per year
- Reduced energy and water costs
- Reduced maintenance needs
- Improved indoor air quality
CCRI and Ameresco partnered under a 15 year Energy Savings Performance Contract with no initial capital costs to CCRI. Ameresco implemented building improvements to improve CCRI’s sustainability across its four campuses.
- New energy efficient building equipment
- Alternative natural gas fuel source
- Lighting system improvements