Sainsbury’s was amongst the first retailers in the UK to realise how energy efficiency can improve their competitiveness, operating performance and corporate responsibility image. In 2007, they organised their first “Reset” energy savings rollout programme, with successes leading to further Reset schemes 2, 3, 4, 5 and in 2012 Reset 6. Since 2015, Ameresco has worked as a key partner throughout the following projects including Sainsbury’s LED reset (2015), Graphite 6 LED Rollout (2016-2017) and Project Jade LED (2017-2020).
Annual CO2 Reduction
Annual Energy Savings
Since the project’s inception, we have estimated that Sainsbury’s has enjoyed the following benefits:
30% energy savings, 15% water savings, 20% CO2 reduction
- Revitalise aged plants incorporating maintenance issues
- Monitor post-implementation performance in more than 200 stores
- Continue to over-perform with a maturing Reset programme
- Sustained savings throughout the investment period and beyond
- Embrace innovation in a continuous improvement environment
In order to minimise disruption across the 200 stores, Ameresco’s team coordinated with network engineering, FM and energy specialists, and liaised with key stakeholders whilst working under strict H&S rules to ensure solutions were delivered safely. Throughout each reset programme, Ameresco developed on-going relationships with over 200 stores which improved overall operating conditions and reduced energy across each site.