Ameresco Awarded Contract to Manage Energy Information Systems for U.S. Bureau of Land Management
Invoice Management System to Help Bureau Efficiently Manage Energy Costs
Framingham, MA – Ameresco, Inc. (NYSE:AMRC), a leading comprehensive energy efficiency, renewable energy, and data management company, announced today that the United States Bureau of Land Management (BLM) has enlisted the company’s AMERESCO AXIS® product to establish a Bureau-wide energy management information system aimed at helping reduce the Bureau’s energy costs, consumption, and carbon footprint in facilities throughout the western United States. “We are excited to have been selected by the U.S. Bureau of Land Management to work on a project that is of importance to both the agency and the taxpayers,” said Bruce McLeish, Ameresco vice president, energy supply and risk management. “Our AXIS product offering is an invaluable tool for large organizations with many facilities to use to manage and reduce energy costs.” The BLM currently spends approximately $9 million annually to provide energy to its numerous facilities with approximately 1,800 energy accounts and 18,000 energy invoice payments per year. AMERESCO AXIS will manage and assess those costs with accuracy and ensure greater efficiency at Bureau facilities with the development and management of a comprehensive energy relational database and online reporting system.
Under the contract, the AMERESCO AXIS team started to develop and implement the energy management information system on September 30, 2010. The Bureau-wide system will be designed to:
- Centralize energy auditing and energy data gathering services with comprehensive and accurate data input;
- Provide a mechanism for all Bureau offices to access useful energy usage and cost information online so that they can better manage their operations and maintain their facilities;
- Promote energy conservation by providing a mechanism to transmit energy consumption and cost data to all BLM offices on a monthly basis, and by comparing consumption year-to-year and office-to-office using a variety of correlations and visual graphical tools;
- Improve accuracy of energy consumption tracking and efficiency of gathering those data;
- Drive Bureau-wide energy efficiency, energy conservation, cost reduction and environmental benefits as required by Executive Orders 13423 and 13514;
- Allow for ready access to key energy information;
- Increase energy performance visibility and departmental accountability across the BLM;
- Track cost reductions and environmental benefits;
- Accurately track Greenhouse Gas emissions related to energy consumption by BLM facilities;
- Measure and verify energy savings resulting from BLM investments in Energy Saving Performance Contracts (ESPCs) and compare those savings to the guaranteed ESPC savings on a building, site, BLM Office, State, or Bureau-wide level;
- Automate preparation of energy management reports required by Executive Orders 13423 and 13514.
Ameresco’s contract with the Bureau comes after the Company’s AXIS product received SAS 70 Type II Certification for its operating procedures and effectiveness. SAS 70 Type II Certification is awarded to service organizations that have been through a rigorous audit process. It represents a stringent certification level, and requires actual testing and verification that certain practices, policies and procedures are being followed.
The AMERESCO AXIS invoice management product provides consumers with robust, invoice management capabilities; data and energy supply management support; account assurance; deposit management and tracking; carbon management; environmental reporting; project emissions reporting; and Energy Star reporting.
About Ameresco, Inc.
Ameresco, Inc. was incorporated in Delaware in April 2000 and is a leading independent provider of comprehensive energy efficiency solutions for facilities throughout North America. Ameresco’s solutions include upgrades to a facility’s energy infrastructure, and the development, construction, and operation of renewable energy plants. With corporate headquarters located in Framingham, MA, Ameresco has 55 offices in 29 states and four Canadian provinces. For more information, visit www.ameresco.com
(Opens in new window)
Ameresco: CarolAnn Hibbard, 508-661-2264, [email protected]