Children’s Hospital Boston (Children’s) and Ameresco partnered in a multi-year agreement to prepare the hospital for their energy future by implementing intelligent energy services.
“Our ongoing energy efficiency work with Ameresco has resulted in an important re-investment in our facility, with substantial operational and maintenance improvements. The changes were implemented in a cost-effective manner, without disruption to normal hospital operations. This project has benefits beyond financial as these improvements have enhanced the hospital environment for our patients and staff alike.”
– Paul Williams
Director of Engineering, Children’s Hospital Boston
Million Energy Project Size
Million Gallons Annual Water Savings
Million kWh Annual Energy Savings
Annual Energy Savings
Ameresco’s long-term relationship has helped Children’s realize energy and maintenance savings as part of its strategy of service excellence to support being a worldwide leader in improving children’s health.
- Upgrades to 15 buildings across hospital grounds
- Improved indoor air quality and enhanced light quality
- Water use reduced by 12 million gallons annually
- 9.6 million kWh saved annually
- $98,000 saved in annual maintenance costs
- $1,514,120 energy cost savings
Over the six phases of this partnership, Ameresco has completed energy audits and the installation of energy efficiency measures. All installations were completed on-time, on-budget, and during normal business hours.
- New energy efficient building equipment
- LED lighting upgrades with customizable controls
- Extensive plumbing and water conservation improvements
- Ventilation system and control upgrades