Ameresco Response to COVID-19
Ameresco is committed to the safety, health and well-being of our employees, clients, partners and the communities in which we are fortunate enough to work. We are closely monitoring the evolving impact of COVID-19, and hope you are all finding a path to resiliency as we face these difficult times. As such, we would like to provide an update on how Ameresco is working to do our part in controlling this outbreak. Together, I know we can beat this and find strength and perseverance in doing so.
- CDC Guidelines: We have established risk prevention policies consistent with current CDC guidelines and applicable State, province and local health agencies. We are watching these closely, on a day-by-day, hour-by-hour basis, and are working relentlessly to be sure we are following any updates as soon as they are communicated.
- Infrastructure to Support Flexible Working Arrangements: We are fortunate to have critical remote working infrastructure enabling employees to easily work from remote locations. Where possible, employees have access to email, phone, conference calls and video conference capabilities, enabling seamless work practices from wherever they are located.
- Customers and Projects: Ameresco continues to prioritize customer activities, projects under construction and especially those locations where we provide critical operations support. In most cases, we are fortunate to have local support and are already working closely to ensure projects and operations run smoothly while mitigating any concerns.
- International and Domestic Travel: Ameresco has placed a hold on all international travel. For domestic travel, we are encouraging all employees to embrace remote meetings when possible.
- Conference and Events: We are supporting State, province and local recommendations by eliminating participation at any large conferences or events. When possible, Ameresco employees are attending events virtually and are supporting the postponement of events as necessary.
- Best Practices in the Office: We have asked all employees to follow standard protocol to avoid virus spread – wash hands often, utilize proper disinfectant to clean hard surfaces, and utilize hand sanitizer. We have asked employees to communicate immediately if they have been exposed to a person infected with COVID-19, or if they have any symptoms that are consistent with COVID-19. If at risk, employees will follow the CDC self-quarantine guidelines. If an employee is showing any symptoms, we have asked them to stay home and seek proper medical attention.
- Best Practices Amongst our Partners and Sub-Contractors: We expect our partners and sub-contractors to follow the same protocols we have set forth. We are in regular communication and are working together to be sure we are promoting safe work practices between our collective teams.
Ameresco remains committed to the health and well-being of our employees, clients, partners and the communities that surround us. We know we can get to the other side of this pandemic, demonstrate resiliency at its finest, and come together as a team to do our part. Thank you for your continued support, and please, be safe.
President & CEO – Ameresco, Inc.