Location: Multiple US Regional Locations
Job Code: 657
Fueled by a dedicated workforce, Ameresco is the premier provider of energy efficiency and renewable technology solutions. From conservation to renewable energy generation, our employees have developed and implemented over $5 Billion in energy savings solutions that help our customers utilize clean and sustainable resources.
New opportunities developing for Project Engineers to partner with our Regional Teams in the development and implementation of energy savings projects for industrial, commercial, government, and institutional customers, including performance contracting, end-use supply agreements, new technology applications, and renewable energy initiatives.
- Coordinate visits to customer project sites to investigate existing mechanical, electrical, HVAC, and plumbing systems.
- Gather and document key project site energy performance information, including utility data and facility infrastructure drawings.
- Perform detailed engineering assessment including baseline profiles, end-use and retrofit analysis.
- Identify opportunities for conservation or efficiency and prepare energy savings calculations.
- Assist Project Team with developing and producing proposals, technical reports, cost estimates, and presentations.
- Provide critical review of proposals and reports through technical narrative editing.
- Cultivate and maintain positive business relationships.
- Perform other duties as required.
- ENTRY LEVEL: BSME or equivalent four year technical engineering degree plus exposure to construction, facility infrastructure, renewable technology, and/or energy efficiency project opportunities.
- MID LEVEL: BSME or equivalent four year technical engineering degree with 3-6 years’ energy efficiency and/or renewable technology experience. Ability to analyze and quantify energy savings and implement projects involving chiller and boiler plants, motors, VSDs, HVAC retrofit and distributed generation projects.
- SENIOR LEVEL: BSME or equivalent four year technical engineering degree with 7+ years’ energy efficiency and/or renewable technology experience. Demonstrated ability to analyze and quantify energy savings and implement complex projects involving chiller and boiler plants, motors, VSDs, HVAC retrofit and distributed generation projects. Knowledge of measurement and verification, project cost estimating and accounting desired.
- Familiarity with building simulation and related software.
- Financial planning/ budget experience with ability to develop a business case helpful.
- Professional registration or educational progress toward PE, EIT, CEM, LEED desirable.
- Excellent verbal, written, computer, and technical communication and presentation skills.
- Valid Drivers License in good standing, issued by resident state required.
- U.S. Citizenship or U.S. Permanent Resident status required.
- May be required to pass security clearance investigation.
- Travel may be required.
Interested individuals are encouraged to respond directly to Ameresco: please submit your resume, sample project history, salary information, and geographic work location preference on this page for immediate and confidential consideration.
An award-winning industry leader, AMERESCO challenges the brightest, most talented and creative individuals in the industry by providing an environment that embraces initiative, diversity, and achievement along with comprehensive rewards, including people-oriented insurance, investment, and incentive plans. AA/ EEO.