Location: Multiple US Regional Locations
Fueled by a dedicated workforce, Ameresco is the premier provider of energy efficiency and renewable technology solutions. From conservation to renewable energy generation, Ameresco employees have developed and implemented over $5 Billion in energy savings solutions that help our customers utilize clean and sustainable resources.
New opportunities developing for Controls Engineers to join Ameresco’s Renewable and Energy Data Management Engineering Teams leading the design, development, application, and implementation of controls systems for biomass, landfill gas to energy, automated demand response, combined heat and power, alternative energy, and demand response projects throughout the United States.
- Collaborate with Engineering staff to develop renewable energy, biomass, and energy efficiency data management projects throughout North America.
- Program and modify PLC, HMI, and SCADA applications including development for alternative energy, cogeneration, and energy efficiency design build projects.
- Plan and schedule control engineering resource requirements for project management
- Develop job specific functional requirements, controls strategies, and I/O point lists.
- Develop detailed controls strategies and design drawings including P&ID, single-line, control panel wiring, panel layout, conduit routing, and wiring schedule for project facilities.
- Manage and collaborate with contractors to install electrical, electronic, and mechanical equipment.
- Perform factory and site acceptance testing and commissioning of programmed control systems.
- Assist with customer training and operations interface throughout development and start up phases, provide ongoing project support.
- Ensure compliance with company, industry, trade, regulatory and jurisdictional safety standards, practices, codes.
- Cultivate and maintain positive business relationships.
- Perform other duties as required
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, preferably Electrical or Electrical Controls discipline.
- Minimum 5 years’ industrial controls system design, programming, implementation, and commissioning work experience involving industrial mechanical systems or small scale renewable power generation.
- Experience developing process control sequences and programming for real-time environments
- Proven experience with Rockwell Automation, Allen Bradley PLC programming, Inductive Automation, GE Fanuc, Siemens, Opto22, and web development software.
- Experience configuring and maintaining Microsoft operating systems (Server, XP) and Ethernet-based networks.
- Knowledge of industrial instrumentation and AutoCAD 2D experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, take initiative, and complete assignments
- Excellent organization skills including ability to effectively manage multiple priorities.
- Excellent verbal, written, computer communication and technical presentation skills.
- Valid Driver’s License in good standing, issued by resident state required.
- U.S. Citizenship or U.S. Permanent Resident status required.
- May require flexibility for ‘on call’ support or varied schedule needs
- May be required to pass security clearance investigation.
- Travel required.
Interested individuals are encouraged to APPLY DIRECTLY. Please click here to submit your resume, cover letter, sample project history, geographic location preference, and salary information for immediate and confidential consideration.
AMERESCO challenges the brightest, most talented and creative individuals in the industry by providing an environment that embraces initiative, diversity, and achievement along with comprehensive rewards, including people-oriented insurance, investment, and incentive plans. AA/ EEO.