Massachusetts Congresswoman Niki Tsongas and local leaders will join Ameresco executives for a groundbreaking ceremony to recognize the start of construction on the 1.5 megawatt (MW) PV ground-mounted system on the capped landfill located on Westford Street. Lowell Mayor Patrick Ó. Murphy and City Manager Bernard F. Lynch, as well as Massachusetts state officials, members of the Lowell City Council, and Ameresco executives will also be in attendance. This project is the latest phase of an Energy Savings Performance Contract (ESPC) with Ameresco, which currently owns and operates five roof-top mounted solar PV systems totaling 348 kW at two elementary schools, two middle schools, the JFK Civic Center and the Lowell Memorial Auditorium.
Speakers and Invited Guests Include:
- Massachusetts Congresswoman Niki Tsongas
- Massachusetts State Representative Thomas A. Golden, Jr.
- Massachusetts State Representative Kevin J. Murphy
- Massachusetts State Representative David M. Nangle
- Mayor Patrick Ó. Murphy, City of Lowell
- Bernard F. Lynch, City Manager, City of Lowell
- Lowell City Council Members
- David J. Anderson, Executive Vice President, Ameresco
Friday, September 28, 2012
Lowell Department of Public Works
1020 Westford Street, Lowell, MA 01851