Owners and building managers of residential buildings can improve energy efficiency and enjoy ongoing energy savings through a new efficiency program offered by Con Edison and Ameresco, a leading provider of energy efficiency solutions. This program provides financial incentives for energy efficiency improvements and qualifying buildings will also be eligible for free power strips, low-flow showerheads and compact fluorescent (CFL) bulbs for individual units.
This program is open to owners of residential buildings with 5 to 83 units that pay Con Edison bills that include the System Benefits Charge (SBC). Rent-controlled, rent-stabilized, market-rate, co-op and condominium buildings may participate.
Residential energy efficiency projects eligible for financial incentives include the following:
• High-efficiency heating system upgrades
• Energy management systems, including boiler reset controls and programmable thermostats
• Roof insulation
• Heating pipe insulation
• High-efficiency lighting, including occupancy sensors, fluorescent lighting, bi-level operation light fixtures and LED exit signs
• Cleaning and tuning for heating systems
• Thermostatic radiator valves
Energy audits conducted by Ameresco will identify areas where energy efficiency improvements will save money for residential building owners. This is a rare opportunity to tap the expertise of a company that has designed efficiency solutions for public housing authorities across the United States, and Ameresco’s independence gives building owners the freedom to choose products that offer the best value for their budgets.